BIRTHDAY EDITION 16th Edition Written & Edited by Bruce Clutcher, R.Ph.,
Senior Consultant, SSG
INVISION RCO customers automatically receive access to the
latest NDDF information when running their normal jobs to the Selected Services Report, or
the Monthly Update Report. The latest tape is always loaded on the reserve disk pack at
Corporate and accessed by the JCL associated with the jobs. ICO customers must receive the
physical tape from SMS. If you are a new ICO customer, you must request the NDDF shipment
by sending a request (Fax or other delivery method) to SMS to be added to tape delivery
list. The fax number is 610-219-5698, Attn: Terry DeAngelo.
||Here is a list of EVTS tickets relating to INVISION
Pharmacy or Med/IV Charting. If you are encountering a similar problem, please open up a
ticket for your client and have Tech Support reference the appropriate ticket below:
- #1745697 - (Fairview Health Systems) - Rx IV order
does not stay on active orders display until bottle is complete. The order Stop D/T is
established as the last Occurrence D/T, even though the IV may continue to infuse over 24
hrs into the next day.
- #1649134 - (Childrens of Alabama #1638492) -
Complex Meds not showing on Rx Worklist. Fixed and on the 11.96 SUP/97.1 SUT.
- #1661536 (Childrens of Alabama #1638476)
- Cannot use Enter IV Credit or Enter Credit for OP Like in a Bed orders. This
was supposed to be fixed and delivered on the 2.96 SUP (see Rx-Perts Valentine Day
Edition, 2/96). This is not the correct fix for this problem. Tech support sited #1404125
with what they thought was a similar problem. It is not. I updated #1661536 stating we
still need the fix.
- #1737121 - (Childrens of Alabama) Complex Meds
showing on DUE report when no ingredient of the Complex Med qualifies for DUE.
- #1751032 - (Childrens of Alabama #1738523)
- Order line did not print when Rx Worklist page breaks.
- #1747627 - (Childrens of Alabama #1738727)
- Need option to not page break for PRN on MAR (Rx Summary Profile).
- #1740232 - (Childrens of Alabama #1737818)
- Wrong Rx help screen off PF1 on S-??C2146 for Meds Browse function.
- #1740253 - (Childrens of Alabama #1739209)
- S-ZHTPEO04 has one less spot for a drug service than S-ZHTPEO03 in Taper Dose.
- #1742057- (Childrens of Alabama #1739854)
- S-ZHMBEO03, etc. only show 8 frequencies in Taper Dose.
- #1763465 - (Childrens of Alabama #1760084)
- Need NDDF Tape date on Profile Update Report. When running the clinical profile
(PRRXF,H,J,K) update report, the NDDF tape date does not print. This is the date necessary
for input into the SYSIN as the Interval Begin Date the next time the job is run.
- #1776223 - (Childrens of Alabama #1770270)
- Unable to D/C a PRN IV order - get E100464 Order Cannot Be Discontinued or Held.
Apparently, you get this error if the D/C D/T < the last refilled Occurrence D/T. If
the D/C D/T is equal to or > the last Occurrence D/T you can D/C the order.
- #1776452 - (Columbia Hospital #1767716) - for
a requested enhancement to the MAR/IVAR From Automated Charting to produce a batch, day
end, multipatient cumulative MAR/IVAR.
- #1791418 - (Mercy Hospital) - the model Service
Master was missing (on the test CICS with file=m). Apparently, Corporate archives the SM
data file. If you receive the full screen error after CHPPO100 runs with Database
Locked By Batch User, call Tech Support to get the SM restored.
- #1791790 - (Holy Redeemer Hospital #1791754
duplicate) - did not get a generic duplicate between Darvocet-N and Darvon, even though
both have the same active ingredient code (0706). Did get a therapeutic duplicate. Do get
a generic duplicate between Darvon products or between Darvocet-N products, but not
between Darvon and Darvocet-N. Can recreate on model. Response: all Active Ingredient
Codes for one drug are compared to the string of Active Ingredient Codes for the second
drug. If the string doesnt match, INVISION Rx does not flag orders as a generic
duplicate. The individual Active Ingredient Codes are not evaluated.
- #1812615 - (Hackensack Medical Center #1797173)
- Taper Dose Pathway uses SM default duration instead of keyed in duration when building
taper dose order.
- #1813414 - (Mercy Hospital #1812176) -
Requested enhancement to support backward allergy checking against existing orders.
- #1812513 - (Mercy Hospital) - running an NDDF update
and noticed the report for the clinical profiles showed old and
new values for PRRXH, but no apparent changes existed between the old and new
- #1868997 - (Childrens of Alabama) - requested
enhancement to optionally sort RXDUE report by drug (rather than be patient).
- #1870333 - (Childrens of Alabama #1869039) -
held orders do not show in install model active order display (model problem). A temporary
fix is to add %ORGESTS=1 to T-ZHGEDR02 to cause all order statuses to display.
- #1942700 - (UTMB #1899726) - TPN ingredients
print in reverse order on CHPP0477 Print Pt Orders report.
- #1939896 - (Weirton Medical Center) - Request to be
able to update PIDX Contraindication (allergy) fields after patient case is purged.
- #1953537 - (North Shore Glen Cove) - RTIF Med/IV
Order Interface errors with "%RXIF009 Must Be A Number In Format nnn.nn" because
SMS Rx allows text IV run-in.
The first release of the SMS Pharmacy
Med/IV Orders Interface is completed and live at Salem North Shore, Bay Medical Center and
North Shore University at Glen Cove. The second release (see Customer Memo #Z961209A
above) is near beta completion at Salem North Shore and will be GA 1Q97. The bidirectional
coded allergy interface is scheduled sometime after the 1Q97. Later in the year the
Phase IV outbound (TIF) Med/IV Orders to SMS Pharmacy Interface will be beta
tested at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton, Mass. and North Shore Medical Center
in Manhassett, NY. The following install tips come from Sandy Jungck, and relate to SMS
Pharmacy. The only caveat I would add is to be careful about using a free text Sig without
specifying a TOA when using the Med/IV Orders Interface. The transaction will error in the
interface without a TOA.
SMS PHARMACY SYSTEM ENTERING IV ORDERS
"Now and PRN" Orders:
FOR EXAMPLE : FENTANYL DRIPS
If you would like to have the system create a
label and generate a charge at the time of order entry, enter the order in the normal
Note: You must change the TOA and Start Date/Time to meet your need.
When the next IV label and charge are required, use
the adjust function.
Standing PRN IV Orders:
FOR EXAMPLE: AN ALDOMET DRIP TO BE USED IF BP
For orders that you would like to enter into the
system but not generate an initial supply label or a charge, enter the order as usual:
Method : IVPB
When an IV label and charge are required, use the adjust function.
IVs Supplied by Central Supply:
FOR EXAMPLE : D 5 W 1000ml:
These are similar to the above example, but they
Rate : enter specified rate (125 for example)
Latin Sig: IVFS ( a free-text)
Start Date : T
Large Volume Parenteral that we really supply:
FOR EXAMPLE : NORMOSOL M in D5W